The Land O’ Lakes is a perfect region for exploring by road, trail, or waterway. The area encompasses many towns and villages with access via highway, County road, rural road, marked trails, ferry, boat, bus or small plane. There are options for car/bike rentals, canoe/kayak rentals, hiking trails, guided ATV tours, guided fishing trips and more!
How to Travel
- Arrive by Plane – The closest city airport to the Land O’ Lakes is the Norman Rogers Airport in Kingston, ON. The Tomvale Airport is located in Plevna, ON.
- Bus & Train – The train is operated by VIA Rail, the trains include wifi access for the public. The train stops in Kingston, Napanee, and Belleville, ON. Various bus companies stop in locations throughout the Land O’ Lakes from major city airports including .
- Taxi & Rental Cars – Available in many parts of the region.
County of Frontenac K&P Trail
– In the County of Frontenac, one can experience life’s simple pleasures by taking the roads less travelled as they meander past breathtaking vistas, pristine freshwater lakes, vast tracts of lush green forests, and spectacular rock cut formations. Experience all of this on the newly developed Frontenac K&P Trail.
– The best way to get around the trails, other than walking, is by bike. The Lennox & Addington County Trails include 12 looping routes consisting of 600 kilometres of paved roadway where you never retrace your path, yet are able to end where you began.
The L&A County Trails are found in the heart of beautiful Eastern Ontario. Stretching northward from the shore of Lake Ontario, the routes are found on well-maintained county and select local roadways – ideal for on-road cycling enthusiasts. As you travel, you’ll experience the natural beauty, unique history, and unforgettable rural charm that Lennox & Addington has to offer.
Some routes are more challenging than others but all are well-marked, easily accessible, and promise to be exciting. Whether you’re on your bike, in your car, walking, or in-line skating, the L&A County Trails are an ideal getaway for anyone seeking a day-long or extended excursion.To view cycling trails visit:
We’re found in the heart of beautiful Eastern Ontario, Canada. Only two hours from Toronto, Ottawa, and just three hours from Montreal, Lennox & Addington County offers an ideal touring experience for anyone seeking a day-long or extended excursion.
Stretching north from the shore of Lake Ontario, our themed motorcycle routes take you along well-maintained county roads for a tour that you won’t soon forget. You’ll experience the natural beauty, unique history and unforgettable rural charm that Lennox & Addington County has to offer.
Trails are a wonderful way to spend an enjoyable day, relaxing and taking in the sights. You will see some spectacular scenery and natural areas as you travel the trails. We ask that you observe these few rules of the trail etiquette so that everyone’s outing will be fun and you will help preserve trails for future generations. Be sure to check out the interactive trail maps on the EOTA website as well as purchase your trail pass www.thetrail.ca
– The Mazinaw Powerline Snowmobile Club has a website designed for the snowmobiler in mind! You can purchase a permit, become a member, and view the various trails in the LOLTA region! Visit http://www.mazinawpowerline.ca/maps.php